Tuesday, August 18, 2009

God are you still here?

Today I read Judges 6:11-24 and God ministered to me, to let me know He is still here! How exciting this is to be reassured that all is well, God is Large and incharge of my life! Take a minute and read the above passage before continuing so you too can read the story of Gideon.

Listen to verses 12 and 13 again;
"And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, 'The Lord IS with you, you mighty man of valor!'. Gideon said to Him,' O my lord, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying 'Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?' But now the Lord has forsaken us and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites."

Oh, how many times I have felt like Gideon! I remember miracles God has done in the past too, but my present circumstances overwhelm my faith and courage to go on, just like Gideon. I too have felt forsaken by God. Its easy to give in to that concept, but that is from the devil! So what should I do instead?

Gideon's example is great as you read on he is just like us, he is overwhelmed by his situations with the Midianites. In verse 14 God assures him that He is with him. Gideon however does not feel worthy or capable, every feel like that? Next Gideon brings a sacrfrice to "the Angel of the Lord in verses 18-21. What does God do to help Gideon's faith? He brings a fire out of the rock to consume his offering to God! WOW! Fire out of a rock! If that doesn't show that God is in charge what will convince you?! This is just one of the miracles God did for Gideon to encourage Gideon's faith.

As we walk thru the circumstances of our lives God does miracles for us too. We need to remember those times for when we face a new challenge. We need to remember God's promises to never leave us and to always provide for our needs as He did for Gideon. So today be encouraged God is with us as His child I can know this for sure! God is empowering you and I to serve Him, so be bold, take courage and go forward for God today!

No comments:

Post a Comment