Friday, August 21, 2009

When God Moves Slowly

Please read Psalm 105 as background to this entry.

Psalm 105 tells the story of the people of Israel saved from Egyptian slavery. It starts with Joseph. Joseph had several dreams of prophecy or what we might call "words of knowledge" from God. What struck me today is the time between these words from God and their fulfillment in Joseph's life. In most cases the fulfillment came years later! What did Joseph do inbetween the vision,dream or word from God and the fulfillment?

Joseph is a hero of the Bible, but he was a human being just like us. He had to wait for God to do as He told him, with TRUST in God! God reveals dreams and words of knowledge to us too and then we must learn to trust as Joseph did. This to me is totally hard to do! I tend to look at my circumstances and scream to God that its NOT happening yet, do you see this God? I say in my some what frustrated prayers to Him. Then today thru this scripture God quietly told me its because I need to TRUST Him for the outcome.

What does this type of trust mean I asked God. Here is the answer in an acronym God gave me.
T= theories of man dispelled and
R= replaced by the word of God which gives us
U= undeserved grace and
S=salvation thru Jesus. Then our lives with God produces
T=treasures in our heart,life and most importantly in heaven!

Trust God today that He will bring to pass what He has spoken into your heart and mind as you have sought after Him thru prayer,Bible reading and worship. Do as God shows you and He WILL bless you with peace in your spirit today as you wait on Him to fulfill all He has promised you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Mom, that is amazingly great! Thank-you for sharing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you posted this ages ago, but it so blessed me I've kept it in my inbox to reread when I need a reminder.
    Thank-you for allowing God to speak through
    you to others.

    ReplyDelete