Thursday, February 25, 2010

How much Jesus gave

A Lenten meditation caused me to ponder how much Jesus gave up. Matthew 26:17-29 is telling the story of Jesus' last Passover meal with His disciples. Today as I read thru these passages I was struck by how Jesus totally gave up everything, down to his very blood for us! How much more can a someone give than their blood! Its the life force of all humans, and Jesus gave His for my sins and yours. Wow! Jesus so totally have up all of life,all health,all his body all for us. Do we truly get it? Today it just hit hard how much Jesus gave, down to his blood. We don't give that much to anyone or thing do we? We have nothing to complain about and everything to be thankful to God for!

Dear God, Thank-you is so little to say, but with all thanksgiving and praise in my heart, I thank-you for Your Son's work on the cross for me!AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment